Tuesday, July 28, 2009

No Posts Means I'm Out Fishin'....... :)


So with my last post being 3 months ago, I figured I would update. The reason for not posting is because I was out fishing, so I could write a post ;) . Haha. Trying to cover up for myself huh? Anyway, Since school has ended I have been working in Richwood, WV, which is considered the "Gateway to the Monongahela National Forest" and also the gateway to trout country!
Since May 25th I have only not fished 6 days. Yes, I'm hardcore. I've worn out a pair of wading boots that was in good shape before summer. You can see my feet in them. I have acquired a new found skill that is called fly-fishing. I still spin fish, but I fly fish alot now. From doing both I have found that neither is better or worse than the other, both fisherman that use these methods have their jerks and nice guys, and both styles of fishing have their time and place meaning some days, a fly rod is the ticket to catching them, and others, you'd better have a spinning rod in your hands! In the past 57 days I have caught an estimated 600 fish. The locations I have fished include Cranberry, Williams, Elk, Gauley, and Cherry Rivers and many of their tributaries. Many of the streams I have fished I cannont mention on here or anywhere else on the internet due to their secrecy and seclusion such as native brookie streams or wild brown trout fingerling streams. Let's just say if you grab a Gazeteer or Topo map, most all of them are a small blue line going through the contour lines of the topo map ;) . I have also fished Big Ditch Lake, Summit Lake, and Bishop Knob Pond. As you can tell, I'm not the pond fisherman. The species include brook, brown, rainbow, and golden trout, smallmouth and largemouth bass, walleye, bluegill, rockbass, channel catfish, and crappie. Most of the numbers have been trout, simply because that is what I have been pursuing the most, but bluegill probably have second place due to their sheer nature of hitting anything that's small and touches the water.
School starts back around the last week in August and I am so not wanting to start back and leave the fishing here behind, possibly for the last time due to graduating and possibly moving far off for work, but any kind of change in life always has its perks. So, if I end up in Alaska or Montana, that would be a good trade off for Richwood. Haha. If not, I'm sure without a doubt in my mind, I will be able to locate a fish somewhere, wherever I'll be.

No comments:

Post a Comment