Monday, January 14, 2013

2012: The Recap

So I've decided yet again to return to my blog and make an effort to keep it running and updated. With fishing over 200 days a year the past few years now and working a full time job its hard to keep up to date on all the social media aspects and still get good sleep at night. So after a long and successful 2012 here is my recap for the year, and a vow to continue to update the blog!

Stay tuned for updates throughout the year and keep me in check if I start slacking ;)

*******************************************************************************

Well, well, well....Another year down and a new one to begin! Wasn't sure where to start this post so I guess I'll just try to keep it pretty chronilogical as the year went by. It was a year of high's and low's no doubt. Some of the high's being the many trips taken to various fishing locations around the state and surrounding states as well as the many big fish and pretty fish brought to hand. Some of the low's of the year go without explaining....big fish broke off, breaking guides off a rod, with the lowest being the loss of my cousin and good friend/fellow angler, Eric Workman (Eworkman or just "E" as he was known by in the fishing community). All of these high's and low's play into the game we call life though and like it or not, tis' the hand we are dealt and it's up to us how we figure things out.

----------------------------------------------------------------
I'll begin with my numbers for the year. I started keeping track in 2010 and it's been pretty fun watching the numbers go up throughout the year for each individual category.

Here's the final tally:

201- Total days on the water(Of note: Spent 36 days working western fires. Fishing not even an option)

23- Longest "Days in a row on the water" Streak.

28- Number of different people I fished with.

5- Number of States fished

63- Total number of different streams and lakes fished.(In WV, 39 Streams/11 Lakes-Ponds)

34- Total citations between 10 different species. (Trout, bass and sunfish make up bulk of number)

-------------------------------------------------------------

It was a great year of fishing and one that I won't forget. A few personal goal highlights of the year were worth mentioning: Grand Slam on North Branch Potomac(brown, bow, brookie, golden trout all in one day), Caught my first Northern Pike in WV, Caught my second Northern and on the fly!(which we're still trying to find out if has ever been done before in the state?? It'd be nice to lay claim to that title ), Several nice Smallmouth and a few citations there of to make up for 2011 when I struggled to catch any over 17" the entire year. Now onto a few pics that highlighted my year!










 




Saved the best for last. Our last day on the water together I can always say was a great one and I will forever be glad that I got too excited and missed this fish only for him to cast back and catch it before I could get my lure back out. Ha!
Fish on brother.....Fish on...

No comments:

Post a Comment